Vivek Ramaswamy: A Voice Rising in the 2024 Presidential Race
Vivek Ramaswamy, a notable figure from Silicon Valley and biotech entrepreneur, has been gaining traction in the Republican primary. He has swiftly moved up the ranks, currently sitting as a top contender behind familiar names like former President Donald Trump and Florida’s Governor, Ron DeSantis. Ramaswamy recently unveiling a list of “10 Truths” on social media platform X that his campaign is based on.
Ramaswamy’s 10 ‘Truths’:
1. God is real.
2. There are two genders.
3. Human flourishing requires fossil fuels.
4. Reverse racism is racism.
5. An open border is no border.
6. Parents determine the education of their children.
7. The nuclear family is the greatest form of governance known to mankind.
8. Capitalism lifts people up from poverty.
9. There are three branches of the U.S. government, not four.
10. The U.S. Constitution is the strongest guarantor of freedoms in history.
He has been sharing these tenets during his campaign rallies, particularly in the early-voting states. With the first Republican primary debate looming in Wisconsin, hosted by Fox News, Ramaswamy is intensifying his outreach efforts.
At a recent event in the Richard Nixon Presidential Library, Ramaswamy opened up about his life story, underscoring his fears for the American Dream’s longevity. He highlighted his family’s journey to America four decades ago, with no monetary advantage, and how he eventually went on to establish billion-dollar companies, all the while building a family with his wife, Apoorva. The aspirational story of the American Dream, he fears, might not extend to the next generation.
Furthermore, Ramaswamy voiced his concerns about America’s current identity shift. He opined that age-old values like faith, patriotism, hard work, and family seem to be replaced by more contemporary and divisive ideologies.