The Department of Justice is ignoring justice and refusing to honor a FOIA request. The Foundation for Government Accountability (FGA) filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for documents about the Department of Justice voter information plan last year. The Department of Justice refused to release this information until a court forced their hand in compliance last Thursday. Just two months before the midterm elections, the Department of Justice is failing to comply with a FOI request and failing to comply with the U.S. Constitution. This is federal government interference in the 2022 midterm elections.
In 2021, President Joe Biden issued an executive order on “access to voting.”
The “Executive Order on Promoting Access to Voting” reads like a Democratic Party wish-list of “reforms” that enshrines many of the practices that were adopted on a temporary basis during the pandemic-affected 2020 election. Its provisions include:
- – Using federal agencies to promote voter registration;
- – Using federal agencies to inform Americans about voting;
- – Linking federal agency websites to state voter registration websites;
- – Providing voter registration and vote-by-mail applications;
- – Using “approved, nonpartisan third-party organizations” to register voters at federal agencies;
- – Using identification documents issued by the agency to help people register to vote;
- – Providing more multilingual services to potential voters;
- – Giving public employees “time off to vote in Federal, State, local, Tribal, and territorial elections”; and
- – Promoting voter registration for federal prisoners.
- – One provision states: “It is the responsibility of the Federal Government to expand access to, and education about, voter registration and election information, and to combat misinformation, in order to enable all eligible Americans to participate in our democracy.”
In compliance with the U.S. Constitution, elections are mainly handled at the state level. However, the Biden Administration wants to move elections to a federal level. This sounds a lot like Roe v. Wade and the battle of the federal government vs. the states. The Department of Justice is good at hiding. It is hiding documents from Mar-a-Lago and it is hiding documents with the “voter access” that helped get Biden elected in 2020. The Department of Justice is not in compliance with the FOIA request nor the U.S. Constitution.